I received some interesting shipping data points from a friend in the shipping industry. Data points are from reportedly from American Shipper and Zepol.
US Imports Fell 7.4% Year-Over-Year
· U.S. import shipment volume for June 2011 dropped 7.4% from June 2010
· TEUs, decreased 4.6% from the previous month
· Total number of U.S. bound shipments fell over 6% from June 2010.
· Year to date, U.S. import volume is up 4.8 percent.
· June decrease largely due to a nearly 6% decrease in shipments from Asia
· China shipments fell 5.8%
· Japan shipments increased 2.5%
· Shipments from Central America fell 4.9%
· Shipments from South America fell 7.6%
In Other News: WH Daily Intel Briefings Are Optional? Obama Attends Fewer than Half | Michael Schaus
John Ransom and the Social Security Show-- Get Your Social Security Questions Answered | John Ransom
In Other News: Ukrainians Demolish Statue of Lenin – Putin Offers Statue of Himself as Replacement | Michael Schaus
In Other News: Hey White People! All GOP Policies Apparently Designed to Kill Black People | Michael Schaus