I received some interesting shipping data points from a friend in the shipping industry. Data points are from reportedly from American Shipper and Zepol.
US Imports Fell 7.4% Year-Over-Year
· U.S. import shipment volume for June 2011 dropped 7.4% from June 2010
· TEUs, decreased 4.6% from the previous month
· Total number of U.S. bound shipments fell over 6% from June 2010.
· Year to date, U.S. import volume is up 4.8 percent.
· June decrease largely due to a nearly 6% decrease in shipments from Asia
· China shipments fell 5.8%
· Japan shipments increased 2.5%
· Shipments from Central America fell 4.9%
· Shipments from South America fell 7.6%
Today, at 11:20 AM PT: Get the Market Movements in Advance; Williams Edge Webinar for September 1st, 2014 | John Ransom
In Other News: Mary Landrieu Connects with Millennials; Lists Parent’s Basement as Louisiana Address | Michael Schaus
Today, at 11:20 AM PT: Get the Market Movements in Advance: William's Edge Webinar for August 28th, 2014 | John Ransom
Today, at 11:20 AM PT: Get the Market Movements in Advance; Williams Edge Webinar for August 27th, 2014 | John Ransom