I’ve never criticized President Obama for playing a lot of golf. As far as I’m concerned, the nation is in much better shape when politicians spend a lot of time goofing off.
But I’m more than happy to use golf as a humor prop to make a serious points about public policy.
Let’s build upon that cartoon with a bit of humor sent to me by a friend from the Caribbean.
President B.H.O. has recently appointed a Golf Czar.
Major rule changes in the game of golf will become effective January, 20 2013.
This is only a preview as the complete rule book (expect 2716 pages) is being rewritten as we speak.
Here are a few of the changes:
Golfers with handicaps:
- Below 10 will have their green fees increased by 35%.
- Between 11 and 18 will see no increase in green fees.
- Above 18 will get a $20 check each time they play.
The term “gimmie” will be changed to “entitlement” and will be used as follows:
- Handicaps below 10, no entitlements.
- Handicaps from 11 to 17, entitlements for putter length putts.
- Handicaps above 18, if your ball is on the green, no need to putt, just pick it up.
These entitlements are intended to bring about fairness and, most importantly, equality in scoring.
In addition, a Player will be limited to a maximum of one birdie or six pars in any given 18-hole round.
NEW TIME Today, at 9:30 AM PT: Get the Market Movements in Advance; Williams Edge Webinar for January 26th, 2014 | John Ransom