What a difference a day makes. It’s a fantastic rebound that’s orderly and inclusive with the strongest bounces in sectors that have seen the most selling in the past week or so. Financials are the best performer, although interest rates not helping. By the same token, growth is not popping as much as one might have assumed with the ten-year yield at current levels.
Conversely, those safe haven sectors are slowing down, as investors look out their foxholes, and for better places to be invested.
S&P 500 Index
Communication Services XLC
Consumer Discretionary XLY
Consumer Staples XLP
Health Care XLV
Real Estate XLRE
Is There a Doctor in the House?
Medical care facilities and hospitals dominate the top percentage gainers list after HCA posted a monster earnings result.
HCA – Reported a Beat on top and bottom; Issued upside FY21 EPS and Revenue guidance
- Revenue +30.4% $14.44B; consensus $13.61B
- Earnings per share $4.36; consensus $3.16
- Operating Margin +17.3% from +17.6%
- FY21 EPS guidance $16.17 - $1710; consensus $14.09
- FY21 Rev guidance $57.0 - $58.0B; consensus $55.25B
- Same facility admissions 532,041 +17.5% y/y
- Equivalent admissions 916,212 +26.7% y/y
- Revenue per equivalent admissions $15,756 +2.9% y/y
- Impatient revenue $16,144 +2.5% y/y
- Emergency room visits 2,128,428 +40.4% y/y