At long last, mainstream media is giving play to widespread disability fraud running rampant in the US.
Steve Kroft on 60 Minutes reports on the alarming state of the federal disability program, which has exploded in size in the last six years and could become the first federal benefits program to run out of money.
- States Have an Incentive to Promote (Not Stop) Disability Fraud; So How Much Fraud Is There?
- Unwilling to Work; 25% in Hale County AL Collect Disability, 14 Million Nationwide; A Simple Solution
- Want to Get on the Disability Gravy Train? There's an App For That!
- 2.2 Million Go On Disability Since Mid-2010; Fraud Explains Falling Unemployment Rate; Will Higher Disability Taxes Fix the Problem?
- Disability Fraud Holds Down Unemployment Rate; Jobless Disability Claims Hit Record $200B in January
I have been discussing disability fraud for at least four years. The subject has finally made prime time. Please play the video and read the first couple links. They are a real eye opener.
Mike "Mish" Shedlock
Read more at http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/#UfTchw8D7s2eojSZ.99