Those needing a laugh today need only listen to another rant from UKIP leader Nigel Farage who says "Listen! The Whole Thing's a Giant Ponzi Scheme!"
- "EC president Jose Barroso is a delusional idiot and was a supporter of Chairman Mao"
- "America, you are not to blame"
- "The only buyers of Spanish bonds are Spanish banks"
- "Listen. The Whole Thing's a Giant Ponzi Scheme!"
- "At the end of the day, this whole thing is going bust"
- "We have been led by a group of ex-communists to a total disaster"
- "What we're doing in Brussels with Barroso, and the other joker Van Rumpoy, is we are actually rebuilding a model of centralized undemocratic government run by bureaucrats"
That is one of the most amusing interviews Farage has given. Moreover, Farage is correct on every point.
The Republican party would do well to adopt the UKIP Party Creed as shown.
We believe in the minimum necessary government which defends individual freedom, supports those in real need, takes as little of our money as possible, and doesn't interfere in our lives.
That interview was published on June 19. I posted a take on Barroso on the 18th in G-20 Summit in Flames Already as EC President Blames US For Financial Crisis in Europe
Let's be honest here. Yes the US caused lots of problems. So did the ECB, and so did the nannycrats. China played a part as well. Thus, those comments by Barroso are strictly from Fantasyland if not Idiotland. Europe created the euro, not the US. Europe foolishly pledged more and more money to Greece, not the US. And eurozone rules are at the heart of Europe's mess, not anything the US did.Mike "Mish" Shedlock