Obamacare is what we have always said it was.
It’s not just bad policy; it’s now proven to be poor law too.
Time to repeal it, and replace it with alternative free-market solutions.
Only in Washington, DC would you “solve” the problem of the government not being able to afford an aging population by burdening the taxpayers with the rest of the population that is uninsurable.
Whether you buy into the Dems argument that the exclusion of subsidies to states without exchanges in the ACA law was a “drafting error,” “a typo,” or-- the Republicans’ contention-- that it was deliberate deceit, the biggest problem with the law is the law itself. And the policy. And the math. And the laws of nature. And the sum total of science that has revealed itself since the beginning of creation.
Anxious to win a Nobel, er, Grammy, er, Golden Globe, er, make a name for himself as the GREATEST PROGRESSIVE WHO EVER LIVED, Obama and his Merry Band of Mental Midgets passed a law that wasn’t even read, yet alone proofed for typos.
“But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it,” said the Most Mental, “away from the fog of the controversy.”
Good thing it’s not controversial, Nancy, you know now that it’s been passed and we know what’s in it.
Because the fog has lifted and, um, that wasn’t a fog. That was a stench so thick you could see it.
Here’s a short list of things that are wrong with the law:
1) Subsidies are illegal outside the state exchanges
2) They had to implement a “doc fix”
3) The law has changed the complexion of the labor force to less work, fewer jobs
4) Taxes, taxes, taxes
5) The law adds to the deficit long-term, it doesn’t work as a deficit fighter, Ezra Klein, you freakin’ liar
6) It does nothing to solve the problem of runaway cost unless you start to ration care and impose price controls—which is likely the next step
7) It imposes another level of bureaucracy to a system already burdened by bureaucratic expense
8) It interferes with the relationship between the doctor and the patient-- which is the most important relationship, economic as well as professional, that needs to be restored to make the system work
9) It’s been used as a political tool to beat up religious and other groups with whom progressives disagree
10) It’s an overreach of government power interfering with God-given rights
11) It’s another boondoggle subject to vote buying schemes
In Other News: North Korea Threatens to Hack US if We Don't Acknowledge Their Innocence in Hack Attacks | Michael Schaus
NEW TIME Today, at 9:30 AM PT: Get the Market Movements in Advance; Williams Edge Webinar for December 22nd, 2014 | John Ransom
NEW TIME Today, at 9:30 AM PT: Get the Market Movements in Advance: William's Edge Webinar for December 19th, 2014 | John Ransom
In Other News: New Captain America Will be Black; Racist Liberals Suddenly Become Fans | Michael Schaus
NEW TIME Today, at 9:30 AM PT: Get the Market Movements in Advance; Williams Edge Webinar for December 17th, 2014 | John Ransom